Yarra Labor News seeks to ensure privacy protection and the spirit of the Privacy Act, however there are risks in transmitting information across the internet.
Personal information collected through this Yarra Labor News website will not be disclosed to any third party unless one of the following:
- the individual has consented
- the individual would reasonably expect, or has been told, that information of that kind is usually passed to those individuals or agencies
- it is required or authorised by law
- it will prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to somebody’s life or health
- the disclosure is reasonably necessary for the enforcement of the criminal law or of a law imposing a pecuniary penalty, or for the protection of public revenue.
Records kept of website visits for statistical purposes comprising:
- server address
- top level domain name e.g. .com, .gov, .org, .au
- pages accessed, documents downloaded
- previous sites visited
- browser used.
Users or their browsing activities are NOT identified unless a law enforcement agency has a warrant to inspect the internet service provider’s server logs.
Your contact details are stored on password protected databases. Our website server is also password protected.
Your own browser may also load cookies from third parties created by an external service when you visit our website. As these cookies are specific to the third-party’s domain the data is managed by that third party, not Yarra Labor News.
If you have concerns about the cookies we use, you can block them using the cookie management tools in your web browser.
Whilst every attempt has been made to protect your privacy, Yarra Labor News accept no fault if these systems result in a breach of privacy.